Sorry for the confusion...

What I am asking is who has to do the trimming.  I am
assuming that I would need to write some function to
do this and call it from the validate() method of the
ActionForm class?

If so, has someone already written this method.

So what is Struts doing when it populates the
ActionForm class.  It cannot be trimming the values
because that wouldn't make sense...

maybe I should search the archives...

sandeep

--- Jonathan M Crater