Hello,

I have an action (e.g., browse items) that will be
used by several components of my system. The logic
and mappings for browsing items are common to all
components, but the actual view (JSP used) will be
specific to each component.
I am not sure it is would be better to have one mapping
of the "BrowseItems" action for each component, or
have one single mapping which takes an additional
argument identifying the current component using it.
I think the latter will be easier to maintain, as I
will not have to replicate the action mapping and
its forwards in the struts-config for each component
(e.g., if there is a new feature available when browsing
items, I will have to add it to all mappings). On the
other side, with the former, I need to keep track of the
current component and have a (implicit) mechanism to
map views to actual files.

Anyone has any experience or advice about this case?

Thanks,

-Fabien

Fabien Modoux,
Voicemate - http://www.voicemate.com