OK, I see what happens now. The question remains whether this is good
behaviour (on a design level): if one changes the form in a first
action, I think these changes should remain in the form. I really don't
see a reason why the changes should disappear.

> If you need to add additional parameters to the request,
> you'll need to do
> it by adding them to the URL used to invoke the second action.
> Alternatively, you could avoid the use of parameters, and
> pass them as
> request attributes instead.

...or get the parameters again from the same request (what I do now).
But this does seem clumsy.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the insight you've given me! I'll think about
it a little more...

tomK