Peter--

I would take a look into the NetBeans project
(NetBeans.org) or Sun's Forte Community Edition (based
off of NetBeans).  These are both great IDEs and are
free to use.

I will also be releasing a new version of the Struts
Console that "plugs" into NetBeans and Sun Forte very
soon.  This will allow you to manage Struts
applications seemlessy from one central development
tool.

-james
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ejcenter.com/struts/