Hello Fellow Travelers,

I think that I have found a problem with tiles in orion. This problem only shows
itself when I deploy my web module (war) to my orion server. I do my development in
JDeveloper and everything works swimmingly. Also I have the tiles and struts sample
applications deployed on the same orion server and they all work perfectly.

I have been banging my head on this for 2 day now and I thought that I'd share my
results.

When I use the following in my layout.jsp file:
<tiles:insert atttribute="foo" ignore="true" />

If I do not pass in the attribute foo, then when the page is displayed all
<tiles:....> tags are ignored for the remainder of  the page and NO errors are
reported. If I leave out the ignore="true" then as expected tiles reports and error on
my page. The documentation says that you can use the ignore="true" to have optional
tiles.

Now when I run the exact same code in JDeveloper everything works as expected. If I
don't <put name="foo".../> then all of the attributes that I do <put> get displayed
and the missing ones are ignored.

Now I also noticed that the phenomina(sp?) is limited only to the actual .jsp page
being processed, meaning if you have this happen in a layout_child.jsp that is <put>
onto another layout_parent.jsp then the rest of the <tiles:...> in the
layout_child.jsp get ignored, but when the engine gets back to the layout_parent.jsp
everything works as expected.

I know that this all sounds fishy but this behavior is consistant. I am using the same
.tld and jar files in my app as are distributed with the tiles sample application.

If I am crazy or off base, PLEASE show me the error of my ways and you will have my
gratitude.

If you do respond, I won't see it until Monday AM

Sincerely,

Stephen W. Gissendaner
Senior Application Engineer,
EPL