I would suggest: consider option 1): you'll really have to do some
things yourself if you want to run this example on a nightly build. You
won't if you just install struts1.0 for looking at the examples, and
then you can learn. And if you want to use some code from the example,
you'll just have to deal with migrating that piece, and not the whole
example.

What other solution do you see? Having someone on the list doing the
migration for you?

hth,
tomK