> <snip> Since Expresso v4 is incorporating Struts into its framework, does it
> nesssarily mean that it is better?

No, because ~better~ is a meaningless word. Some people like to use vi or
notepad, others prefer an IDE. Either one get's the job done.

Expresso is a relatively heavyweight framework, incorporating tons of features
such as automated table manipulation, caching, logging, xml automation, testing,
registration objects, on and on.

As such, it is perfect for guys like me, who just want to get the work done, but
a challenge for someone who feels cramped using interfaces not invented on his
own box, or wishes to use raw J2EE without all the help from the 300 or so
classes that Expresso provides.

Using webAppWriter, I can get an app written and deployed in an hour, as opposed
to the month or so it took me when I was using straight J2EE. This Struts
version, however, is still not public.

Even though most of Expresso is optional, there does not appear to be a large
percentage of developers who use it in that manner.

Expresso uses mostly Apache modules such as log4j, but the data access objects
are it's own, and there you will find the biggest time savings for your
development schedule.

> Expresso has a framework for EJB right?

No, but as soon as we get some more contributors active in that area, it should
be forthcoming. All the pieces are in place.......:)
--
Pete Carapetyan
http://datafundamentals.com

Open standards technology for commercial profitability