gR, could you shed some light how you are using a DB backend for i18n w/
struts?  Sounds interesting.

-Craig

> 4. Struts internationalization requires an
ApplicationResources.properties
file,
> which conflicts with the current Enterprise Java Application Standard of
definely
> properties directly in the web.xml file.

Struts does not use ApplicationResources.properties as real properties. The
file
is used only as a handy tool for peristing string maps. In our projects we
use
database backed internationalization with struts.