The datasource is an attribute in application scope.  You can use the
pageContext to get this attribute.

You may be able to do something with a <bean:XXXX.> tag or a
<jsp:useBean   /> tag to expose this attribute... but I could not figure
it out.

by the way.... you aren't going to put a business rule in a jsp page????
are you ???? :-)

I try to keep all my sql in a bean then call methods to enforce business
rules or pull data to be displayed in a page.

Scriptlets bad, taglibs good :-)

my $.02

-Mark

<%@ page import="javax.sql.DataSource,
                 org.apache.struts.action.Action,
                 java.sql.Connection,
         java.sql.Statement,
         java.sql.ResultSet" %>

<%

    DataSource dataSource = (DataSource)
 pageContext.getAttribute(Action.DATA_SOURCE_KEY,
PageContext.APPLICATION_SCOPE);

    Connection connection = dataSource.getConnection();

    Statement statement = connection.createStatement();

    ResultSet resultSet = statement.executeQuery("select bill_grp_code,
bill_grp_dsc from bill_grp");

    /*  DO SOMETHING WITH THE DATA */

    resultSet.close();
    statement.close();