We have an application originally developed in Tomcat 3.2 (w2k workstation) and have
migrated it to a Tomcat 4 (linux) for testing.  The issue we're running into is that
the ActionMappings and Form beans are coming up as null.  As we startup Tomcat, we can
see the log entries reporting that the various Mappings/FormBeans are getting set, but
when we do a
(ActionMappings)pageContext.getAttribute(Action.MAPPINGS_KEY,
PageContext.APPLICATION_SCOPE);

(ActionFormBeans)pageContext.getAttribute(Action.FORM_BEANS_KEY,
PageContext.APPLICATION_SCOPE);

from a JSP page, the returned value is null.  I didn't notice any Exceptions/errors
being reported amid all the log statements at Tomcat startup.  The web.xml file has
been adjusted for the newer DTD.  Anyone else run into this?

PS:  There's another struts-based application successfully running under the same
Tomcat instance.  Developing the two (under v 3.2.x) in the same Tomcat instance
hasn't proven to be a problem in development, but might be worth mentioning.

John M. Corro
Cornerstone Consulting
414.212.3500