Alex,

do you reset the checkbox in the reset() method?  You need to - see more info in
archives.

Cheers,

Dave

"Alex Colic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 11/15/2001
01:49:45 PM

      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To:   "Struts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:    (bcc: David Hay/Lex/Lexmark)
Subject:  how does this checkbox thing work?

Hi,

can't seem to get this checkbox to work.
I have an app that reads the fields of a database and creates an array of
field objects. Then a jsp is produced allowing the user to input the new
data.

I have a checkbox that is tied to a field object that has a setValue(String)
and getValue() method. When I read the database and the checkbox should be
set I set the value to 1. This seems to have worked but when the screen is
produced and the checkbox is checked and I uncheck it I find that the
setValue() method is not being called and that the old value of 1 is being
set.

Any help is appreciated in understanding how to fix this.

Alex