Hi

How can I use a form based login within the struts framework?

My basic problem is that i can set up the tomcat realm and validate a user
to allow access to an area, but I want to be able to access the entered
j_username and j_password variables on the webapp side. One solution might
be to allow a successful form based login to forward to a struts form to
strip out the parameters and populate the relevant beans in my action class?
Is this possible? I would prefer to use this method because I dont want to
be writing a set of login methods as part of my application

I have read thru the mailing lists and found nothing to demonstrate this.

Thanks

Martin

** For great Emap magazine subscription & gift offers visit
http://www.emapmagazines.co.uk **

The information in this email is intended only for the addressee(s) named above.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emap plc and or its subsidiaries do not warrant that any attachments are free from
viruses or other defects and accept no liability for any losses resulting from
infected email transmissions.

Please note that any views expressed in this email may be those of the originator
and do not necessarily reflect those of this organisation.