Quoting from the Struts User's Guide:

"The controller servlet creates only one instance of your Action class, and
uses it for all requests. Thus, you need to code your Action class so that
it operates correctly in a multi-threaded environment, just as you must code
a servlet's service method safely.

The most important principle that aids in thread-safe coding is to use only
local variables, not instance variables, in your Action class. Local
variables are created on a stack that is assigned (by your JVM) to each
thread request, so there is no need to worry about sharing them."

Best regards,
Jim Cakalic

only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this
e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for
any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while
using data contained in, or transmitted with, this e-mail.   If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail.  Thank you.