Hi Gundars

I have used new FileInputStream("servlet.properties") with no problems
but then servlet.properties should be in
Tomcat /bin directory. Method
getClass().getResourceAsStream("servlet.properties"); will work if you
have the file
in the classpath.

regards

Maris Orbidans
DataPro

private String getPropertyFromFile(String name) throws ServletException
        {
                try     {
                        Properties dbProps = new Properties();
                        // InputStream propStream =
getClass().getResourceAsStream("/servlet.properties");
                        InputStream propStream = new
FileInputStream("servlet.properties");
                        dbProps.load(propStream);
                        String param = dbProps.getProperty(name);
                        propStream.close();
                        return param;
                }
                catch (Exception e)     {
                        log("Error loading properties"+e.toString());
                        throw new ServletException();
                }
        }