From: "nicolas muller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2001 8:11 AM
Subject: VAS 3.5.3 and framework Struts -- PROBLEM

Hi,
I have a pb with VAS 3.5.3 and Struts...

I try to do all the modifications found in the web site of IBM
but it wasn't work...

I don't understand the use of the file << web.xml >>
It seems that we only use the .webapp and not the web.xml
is it right with the norm of VAS ?
web.xml is only for J2EE ?
I did the conversion with cvtwebxml.bat but i had to change in the
function ActionServlet.initServlet() the road to the file web.xml
In fact, it can be launched only if i give the name file.webapp and not
web.xml ? why ?

So I must change in the source code of these functions :

(1) org\apache\struts\taglib\html\FormTag.doEndTag() :
    pageContext.getRequest().removeAttribute(Constants.BEAN_KEY);
    pageContext.getRequest().removeAttribute(Constants.FORM_KEY);
    pageContext.removeAttribute(Constants.BEAN_KEY);
    pageContext.removeAttribute(Constants.FORM_KEY);

(2) ActionServlet.initMapping() :
    ---------------------------
    InputStream input = new java.io.FileInputStream(getServletContext
().getRealPath(config));

(3) ActionServlet.initServlet()
    ---------------------------

    input = new
java.io.FileInputStream(getServletContext().getRealPath("/WEB-INF/web.xml"))
;
[ in fact i put file.webapp rather than web.xml]

(4) ResourceTag.doStartTag() :
    --------------------------

   InputStream stream = null;
stream = new
java.io.FileInputStream(pageContext.getServletContext().getRealPath(name));
        } catch (IOException e) {
            RequestUtils.saveException(pageContext, e);
    throw new JspException
      (messages.getMessage("resource.get", name));

Must I do it ?

This is my error message when I test with the demo file from
IMB(employeelist)
There is a problem with the parser JAXP...

if someone succeed with VAS 3.3.5 and Struts, can he contact me ?

Sorry for my being bad practice of English.

Thanks

Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an error page to report
such errors more gracefully

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: 3,0:"Unable to open taglibrary
/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld : Parse Error in the tag library descriptor: null
java.lang.Throwable(java.lang.String)
java.lang.Exception(java.lang.String)
javax.servlet.ServletException(java.lang.String)
org.apache.jasper.JasperException(java.lang.String)
void
com.ibm.ivj.jsp.jasper.compiler.ibmtsx.JspDebugTsxParser.parse(java.lang.Str
ing,
java.lang.Class [])
void org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(java.lang.String)
void org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse()
boolean com.ibm.ivj.jsp.jasper.compiler.JspDebugPageCompiler.compile()
boolean
com.ibm.ivj.jsp.jasper.runtime.JspDebugServlet.compile(org.apache.jasper.com
piler.Compiler,
java.lang.Class)
boolean
com.ibm.ivj.jsp.jasper.runtime.JspDebugServlet.loadJSP(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, boolean, javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse)
void
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(javax
.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse)
void
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(javax.servlet
.http.HttpServletRequest,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse, boolean)
void
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(javax.servlet.http.HttpS
ervletRequest,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse, java.lang.String,
java.lang.Throwable, boolean)
void
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletR
equest,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse)
void javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(javax.servlet.ServletRequest,
javax.servlet.ServletResponse)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(javax.servlet.
ServletRequest,
javax.servlet.ServletResponse)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(javax.servlet.
ServletRequest,
javax.servlet.ServletResponse)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(com.ibm.servlet.engin
e.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet,
javax.servlet.ServletRequest, javax.servlet.ServletResponse)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(javax.servlet.S
ervletRequest,
javax.servlet.ServletResponse)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(javax.servlet.ServletR
equest,
javax.servlet.ServletResponse,
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppServletInvocationEvent)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(com.ibm.se
rvlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference,
javax.servlet.ServletRequest, javax.servlet.ServletResponse,
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppServletInvocationEvent)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(javax.servle
t.ServletRequest,
javax.servlet.ServletResponse,
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppServletInvocationEvent)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(c
om.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequest,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse, boolean)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(javax.servlet
.ServletRequest,
javax.servlet.ServletResponse, boolean)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(javax.servlet.
ServletRequest,
javax.servlet.ServletResponse)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(java.lang.Obje
ct)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(java.lan
g.Object)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(java.lang.S
tring,
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ISRPConnection)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(com.ibm.ser
vlet.engine.oselistener.api.IOSEConnection)
void
com.ibm.servlet.engine.http_transport.HttpTransportHandler.handleConnection(
java.net.Socket)
void com.ibm.servlet.engine.http_transport.HttpTransportHandler.run()
void java.lang.Thread.run()

For additional commands, e-mail: