Hi Ted, others

What would you recommend generally in terms of how to handle the following
concept being incorporated into a web app.  It relates to Debasish's
question to some extent.

Concept = Web app consists of management screens for each major
object/entity.  Instead of the standard approach -:
  ==========================
  - MANAGE X
    - Show all X's
      - Edit/Add/Delete X
  - MANAGE Y
    - Show all Y's
      - Edit/Add/Delete Y
  ==========================
we want to take an approach which considers that there could be large
numbers of the items, so we want to be a SEACH PAGE which allows the results
to be scoped down.  That is -:
  ==========================
  - MANAGE X
    - Search for Xs page
      - Show resultant X's (scoped down)
        - Edit/Add/Delete X
   etc
  ==========================
The key concept point is that after an Edit/Add/Delete to an X one needs to
be returned to the "Show resultant X's" page (ie not show all Xs page).

How would you recommend handling this. Either -:
(a) Have session level X_Search_Form to hold search critera?
(b) Pass search critera right through the pages, as hidden parameters where
necessary?

One way I thought for the latter was to have a single FORM for X which
included the normal X attributes, PLUS the search attributes.  It would be
this single struts action form which would be passed through the pages.  Eg

  X_Action_Form
  * title
  * description
  * title_search_attribute