>One solution would be to use a servlet or JSP page to write out the CSV
>file.

That's how I thought I should do it.

>It may make sense to have one servlet generate the table, and then use two
>"view" components (servlets or JSP) to present the data as either HTML or
>CSV. This might even be a good XML application - one component generates the
>data in XML format and then you can transform/present it as either HTML or
>CSV.

So far that's fine.

It may be a stupid question (with an obvious answer - at least for some)
but how would I isolate the XML file against concurrent users ?

In other words:
I may have two users concurrently querying the same logical view which
will generate _different_ physical data. How is that handled ?

Best,
Michael
--
 Vote against SPAM - see http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
 Michael Gerdau       email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]