From: Abhishek Srivastava [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 1:00 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Action an overkill ??

Ted's Catalog was useful in this regard as it clearly say no linking to
jsps.... so no more sorting a table by jsp as it leads to a jsp making a
hyperlink to itself rather than an action.

Wish I could find something on the access of Ejbs via jsp-tags vs. Actions
also.

The feeling here is that use of Tag libraries is not mixing jsp code with
business logic. instead it is regarded as a way or creating reusable code
across jsp pages without mixing java with jsp code. which also appears to be
true for Actions.
The only issue seems to be which one should be used as a standard.

Thanks a lot for your reply and help.

regards,
Abhishek.

A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.
John A. Shedd

    *****     *****     Abhishek Srivastava
    ***  /_  __ ***     Hewlett-Packard - Solutions Organization
    **  / / /_/  **     19 Cunningham Road. Bangalore -560052.
    ***    /    ***     phone +91 80 2251554 Extn:1532
    *****     *****     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]