From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 9:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: JSPs past WEB-INF --- Please Help!

I have been trying to figure this out for a while now, but have had no
luck. Any help would be soooo greatly appreciated. Here it is:

If you place your jsps past the WEB-INF and do not hit them directly
then what is the easiest way to implement a "first-visit". i.e. the
first time you go to a page it doesn't show the errors, but each other
time it does? I have done this otherwise by having them go directly to
the jsp the first time, and then having them submit to the action, but I
can't send them directly to the JSP if it is past the WEB-INF. I have
also done this by creating a new mapping that set validate="false", but
then there is some duplication as far as the mappings. Is there any
easier way to do it?

Thanks for the help in advance,
dave dandeneau