From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 06 December 2001 06:58
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: AW: Want to check user is logged in every page server

Hi

I have used some code similar to your example.  Now a couple of questions

1.  How hard is it for someone to fake a session?  Does tomcat keep
inside it a valid list of all current sessions and if a fake one turns
up it throws and exception.
2.  Is there any point in checking in a database or somewhere to check
to see if the user is currently logged on?   Where else could it
possibly check if database access is to slow/or big overhead(or is
it?can it check a java server somewhere perhaps?
3.  Is this the best way to do things from a security point of view?
What security issues are there?

Cheers

Tony