From: sandeep.takhar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 9:38 AM
To: struts-user
Subject: Different web apps and struts

there was a recent question in this list that I am
trying to understand the implications of.

I think that these are questions I should know the
answer to, and possibly look up elsewhere, but there
is some struts content eventually...

If there are multiple web-apps on the same server or a
different server than do you lose the session?
Different server I would think so.  How can you store
session information when going to a different web-app
context?

This question I should probably look up: When you do a
redirect do you lose the session information?

The question that was asked earlier: do you have to do
a redirect to connect from one web-app to another?

If everyone on the server is using a common ui
framework that includes struts and similar base
modifications to the struts framework: Does the
strut.jar file still need to be in WEB-INF/lib for all
these implementation or is there another configuration
possible?  Does this rely on the app server?

thanks,

Sandeep

For additional commands, e-mail: