I agree with Ryan. An old rule from way back:-

Pass Keys Round Not Data

It's simpler to only keep keys across user
interactions (either stored on the form or in the
session). Otherwise you have 3 versions of data
1 - what's on the database.
2 - what you've saved in the session (or on the form)
3 - new values coming in from the form

Not having the 2nd set of data is a big
simplification. Some might say re-reading the database
more frequently is inefficient. ie. Your database
caching is less efficient than your server's caching
of session info. Maybe - but can serializing data to
the client form be faster than you DB?.

Keith.