> I just upgraded to Tomcat 4.01 and get the following exception:
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet jsp threw
> exception
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.
> java:871)
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>       at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.processJars(TldLo
> cationsCache.java:202)

One possible cause of this is having an incorrect (usually
old) version of a class/jar in your path.

  - Make sure you have installed all correct version of
    any jars.
  - Make sure you don't put jars in the jre lib or lib/ext
    dirs unless they belong there.
  - The above seems to indicate a problem with the
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache class so
    look to see where this is located (probably in some
    jasper*.jar) and make sure its not an old one.  Tomcat
    should have the correct version in jasper/jasper-compiler.jar

Frank Lawlor
Athens Group, Inc.
(512) 345-0600 x151
Athens Group, an employee-owned consulting firm integrating technology
strategy and software solutions.