Thank you very much for the response.

This answer is exactly what I needed.

"Rick Kotermanski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 12/14/2001 02:06:52 PM

Please respond to "Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:

Subject:  RE: Any experience with struts and clustered servers?

Jeff,

We have successfully deployed a struts based application on WLS 6.0 in a
clustered environment for a client. The issues that we hit were exclusively
related to serializability of session objects - only one was struts related
and it is fixed in 1.0. Details...

  - We were running at the time with a pre 1.0 build of struts and
ActionForms were not serializable. This is fixed in the Struts 1.0 release
where the ActionForm fields are now marked transient. Independent of any
struts concerns, you will need to ensure that all of your session objects
are serializable else none of the objects will replicate for the given
web-app.

  - The 6.0 version of Weblogic did a poor job of identifying which session
objects were not serializable when replication failed for the reason above.
The current maintenance level does a better job of logging which objects are
causing problems.

  - Session objects are only replicated across the cluster when you call
session.setAttribute() - not if you change a bean property or an entry in a
collection. You have to ensure in your actions that setAttribute() is called
whenever the session object changes.

Cheers,
-Rick
 Rick Kotermanski