Hi,

I just came a good step closer. The version of the struts-config.xml I sent
was not correct. It should have the WEB-INF in upper case of course:
After all that different versions on NT (with its strange file namings),
I ended up with this when sending. However, the correct version is:

<action  path="/startIt"
        type="mypackage.StartAction"
        name="theForm"
        scope="session"
           validate="false"
           parameter="commingIn"
        input="/WEB-INF/jsp/start.jsp">
     <forward name="display" path="/WEB-INF/jsp/start.jsp"/>
</action>

So I tried again with Tomcat3.2, Tomcat4, and Bea 6.0/6.1.
Not surprisingly, it worked fine on both Tomcats (as many
others found out a houndred times before ;-).
But unfortunately not on Bea 6.0 or Bea 6.1.

I'll contact Bea in order to find out about the problem
and let you know about as soon as I know what the problem is.

Holger