I'm using poolman with Oracle - its all been completely transparent.

Rob
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 10:13 AM
Subject: RE: Poolman question

> I haven't used PoolMan with Oracle before, so there may be some issues
there
> that I'm unaware of [I do think I remember the newest version of PoolMan
> having some fixes for Oracle].  But from reading the PoolMan User Guide it
> looks like your code should be a bit different...
>
> How does this look to you?
>
> Nathan
>
> ---
>
>     public static Vector getFileTypeIdList() {
>         Vector results = new Vector();
>
>         Connection conn = null;
>
>         try {
>             conn = Database.getConnection();
>
>             CallableStatement stmt =
> conn.prepareCall(GET_FILE_TYPE_ID_LIST);
>
>             stmt.registerOutParameter(1, OracleTypes.CURSOR);
>             stmt.execute();
>             ResultSet rs = (ResultSet)stmt.getObject(1);
>
>             while(rs.next()) {
>
> results.add(rs.getString(FieldMappingsFileType.FILE_TYPE_ID));
>             }
>         }
>         catch (SQLException sqle) {
>             cat.error("getFileTypeIdList: " + sqle.getMessage());
>         }
>         finally {
>             try {
>                 if(!conn.isClosed()) {
>                     conn.close();
>                     conn = null;
>                 }
>             }
>             catch(SQLException sqle1) {
>                 // If an error occurs here it is not a big deal.  Ignore
and
> continue
>                 // cat.fatal("getFileTypeIdList: " + sqle1.getMessage());
>             }
>         }
>
>         if(results.size() > 0) {
>             return results;
>         }
>         else {
>             return null;
>         }
>     }

com.tfp.admintool.database.FileTypeDatabase.getFieldList(FileTypeDatabase.ja
> va:256)
> at

com.tfp.admintool.fileType.EditTagListAction.performAction(EditTagListAction
> .java:56)
> at
> com.tfp.admintool.ValidatedAction.perform(ValidatedAction.java:40)
> at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.ja
> va:1786)
> at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1585)
> at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:509)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
> at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:81