Thanks Keith-

I did this before (and just did it again to be sure). None of the .xml
in files in my Tomcat dist (server.xml, web.xml, etc..) seem to
contain configuration of these elements. I do see where you can
specify 'servlet-name' in web.xml to define the Servlet class, but
this is not what I am looking for. I also looked at the dtd
definitions to see if they mention tags where I can define the
HttpServletRequest and/or Session class -- no luck there either.

I also did a "find . | xargs grep HttpServletRequest" and did not find
anything useful.

if you know which xml file allows for the configuration of these
classes, would you tell me?

-will