From: Rob Parker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 2:37 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Country List

how about something like this - you could do a lot to improve this, but here
is the basic idea. Better yet, use a properties file or a database to
specify the country list. Then use the Collection returned from this method
from the <html:options> tag to create the option list for the select.

import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.Collection;
import .../.../LabelValueBean;

public class ListHelper{

        public String[][] countryList = {{"United States", "US"},{"Canada",
"CA"}...

        public Collection getCountryList(){
                ArrayList list = new ArrayList();
                for(int i=0;i<countryList.length; i++){
                        LabelValueBean bean = new LabelValueBean(countryList[i][0],
countrList[i][1]);
                        list.add(bean);
                }

        }