Using an Action as a welcome doesn't work, but you can use an index.jsp
to forward to a welcome Action.

<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-logic" prefix="logic" %>
<logic:forward name="welcome"/>

-- Building Java web applications with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/