The html:messages tag is in the nightly builds (after
v1.0).  The Validator package has a custom JSP tag
that iterates through errors.  It is in the nightly
build in the contrib/validator directory and it is
also posted here
(http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt).

<validator:errors id="error"
                  property="firstName"