Folks,

I'm using Tomcat 4.01, and I'm seeing behavior that makes me wonder if it's
part of the servlet spec.

In a method called by my servlet.init(ServletConfig) method, I'm calling
"config.getInitParameter" to successfully get a parameter from my web.xml
file. However, if at the same point in the code I call
getServletContext().getInitParameter to get the same parameter, it returns
null. The javadocs on the two methods imply that
ServletConfig.getInitParameter would be implemented as
getServletContext().getInitParameter() (they don't state this explicitly,
but the see-also implies it).

Am I misunderstanding what getServletContext().getInitParameter() should do?
Will that call not work until after I return from my init() method back to
the container (e.g. in doGet or doPut)?

Any pointers would be appreciated,

Donnie