From: Torrence, Lee
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 10:38 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: custom tags: IBM 1.3 JDK vs SUN 1.3 JDK

I have a struts jsp page with a lot of custom tags; it compiles to around
40k. Under Win2k, when I set JAVA_HOME to run Tomcat 4.1 with the IBM 1.3
JDK, the page executes almost instantaneously, but when I set JAVA_HOME to
the Sun JDK 1.3.1, it takes about 5 seconds to load.

Does the IBM jdk handle the compilation differently (the compiled size is
about the same either way), or is there a switch that's on by default with
the IBM JDK that improves performance over the Sun JDK?

Lee Torrence