You might have a look at the following document for ideas for your
presentation material to your engineering staff as it is a technical
presentation that discusses the Struts/Expresso architecture. The pdf slide
show can be found at:
http://www.jcorporate.com/econtent/Content.do?state=resource&resource=742.
It was put together by one of our community members sometime ago who is also
a member of this list as well. You will need to first register/login to
www.jcorporate.com to access.

You might also find this article on frameworks to have some material
suitable for a presentation (since it was derived from a presentation one of
our contributors did to a locals users group). It can be found at:
http://www.jcorporate.com/econtent/Content.do?state=resource&resource=702

Hope this helps.
Sandra