Ok, I admit to feeling a little thick-headed at the moment,
given all the past traffic on checkboxes and iteration.  I still
am not getting it.  Here is what I'm trying to do; can anybody
give me the step-by-step-idiot-proof-recipe on how to do it?

1. I'm using Struts 1.0 (no patch, no nightly release), although
    I can change that if there is a reason to (we tend to use
    official releases unless there is a case for something
    newer a bloody-around-the-edges).

2. I have two actions; one executed before displaying the
    JSP so I can fetch data, one executed after the JSP
    so I can process the submitted form.

3. In the "before" action I fetch an unknown number of
    data records; could be zero, could be 100, who knows?
    Each record will be displayed by one row of an html
    table.  I know how to use iterate to display this data.

4. For each row of that table I want to provide a checkbox.
    If the checkbox is checked when the form is submitted,
    it means I want the "after" action to keep the corresponding
    row, otherwise I don't want to keep the row.

So, how do I do this?