When I want to do something like this, I set
validation="false" in the struts-config.xml for the
action.  Then I can call validate on the ActionForm
when appropriate.  Or you can have two actions.  One
to prepopulate fields (with validation="false") and
one with validation="true".

David

--- Joćo_Guilherme_Del_Valle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>