How about putting a helper class in your session which has methods:-

String stringArrayToTokenizedString(String[] array)
   //store array elements delimted by some char that's not in the data.

String[] tokenizedStringToStringArray.
   //Use StringTokeniser to build the array again.

Then you need only store 1 big long string.
Personally that seems fairly horrible too but at least there's less JSP code.
Keith.