Mark Galbreath wrote:

> Anyway, I need to pass control from one class to another in a web app
> something like:
>
> public String getNextPage() throws Exception {
>     Command nextCommand = new ListEquipmentAction();
>     nextCommand.setAttributes( this);
>     nextCommand.execute();
>
>     return nextCommand.getNextPage();
>

> How do I go about doing this in the form:
>
> return( mapping.findForward( "success"));

In your Action:

public ActionForward perform(...) {

    request.setAttribute(key, this);
    return (mapping.findForward("success"));
}

The mapping "success" is defined in /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml.  The mapping can
point to another class (Action) that will do somethinng different.

So basically when someone requests a page, your Action gets control, it does
some processing, sets whatever attributes it needs to set, and then forwards
control on to something else.  What that something else is defined in
/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml.

Hope that helps.  I'm sure the Struts gurus will chime in to clarify... ;)

-Another Mark