hi

I am interested in this type of grid functionality too, in order to save
users having to keep going to a different screen to enter/change
information. I like the look of dbforms, but it seems more of a RAD tool,
plus because i am using struts i want my application to be reliant on the
struts mvc and this runs off its own servlet.

One possible solution to the grid problem in struts would be to limit the
size of the entries on a page - eg a 2 * 2 grid

then set up a ActionForm to collect the n params

getName1()/setName1()
getNamen()/setNamen()

Then you could collect the values into the fields, and use the
Action.perform to control/track the number displayed. I admit its messy but
at least it allows you to stay within struts for a centralised overall
design? The only problem being that the form could end up huge - but hell i
could live with that

That all said i would be interested in peoples views on dbforms because it
looks a great RAD tool. i would also be interested in hearing other peoples
views on this problem

Thanks

Martin