What version of Struts does it cover?

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandeep Takhar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 9:19 AM
To: Struts Mailing List
Subject: Vik's book on Struts (basebeans book)

I just received Vik's book on Struts.

It may be different than what you expect, but in my
opinion it is original and will be useful.

It is kinda like lab work.

For example -- the first chapter is called a warm-up
and asks the user some questions and asks the user to
set up tomcat PostGreSQL etc.

This is useful for me.  For example -- I know java,
tomcat, struts to a certain degree and the warmup
makes sure I know a certain level before continuuing.
However database stuff I have never had time for and
so it became clear that in order to continue I would
have to download some stuff and do some reading etc.

It seems that as the chapters progress you get to
learn a little bit more of the puzzle.

I think it comes down to how you learn.  I learn
through application and not much through listening.  I
am not sure if this is true of everyone.

So far I am impressed by this book and plan on using
it to further my knowledge in areas I consider weak.

It is different than every book out there that I know
of however and so make take some adjustment.

This is not an endorsement, just my 2 cents.

Sandeep