In a certain create action I create a new object, and want to forward to the
object's EditForm.  The EditForm expects the ?objectId=<value> parameter be
set on the request.  Currently, I wrote the following code in my create
action to augment the current action with the "?componentId=NNN" parameter:

ActionForward
  newAction = new ActionForward();

newAction.setPath(
  currentAction.getPath()+"?componentId="+componentValue.getComponentId()
);

return
  newAction;

This works, but I don't like the way I needed to "hardcode" this. Is there a
better way to do this?

Thanks.

-AP_
www: http://www.alexparansky.com