On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 02:09:19PM +0100, Arnaud Buisine wrote:
> You wrote : "...include that path on compiling"
>
> Do you mean there is a link between the classpath you use at runtime and the
> classpath you use at compiling time ?

when u specify the WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar in your classpath on 'compile' time,
Tomcat will be able to find struts in that same directory.. I don't know
if this linkage is made is the class files.. not that many a java-expert ;o)

A sample compile.sh from my sample app:
CLASSPATH="$JBOSS_DIST/client/jboss-j2ee.jar:/usr/local/JBoss-2.4.4_Tomcat-4.0.1
/catalina/common/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/local/jdk1.3.1_02/lib/tools.jar:./WEB-INF/
lib/struts.jar"

javac -classpath $CLASSPATH WEB-INF/classes/nl/kern/j2ee/sample/struts/*.java
WEB-INF/classes/org/jboss/docs/cmp/cd/interfaces/*.java

jar cf cdexample.war WEB-INF/ *.jsp *.html

cp cdexample.war $JBOSS_DIST/deploy

<snip>
as you can see, I specify my j2ee jar (for my EJB backend), the servlet jar from
catalina, my j2se jar and my struts.jar from the WEB-INF/lib