The type of include you're using here is a dynamic include. Meaning that
the page to be included isn't simply added, it's compiled into its own
servlet, and the page's context is passed to the included servlet. For
the tags to work in the included servlet, they need all the taglib
imports like your original JSP would.

Or you can try the other form of include, which simply takes the file
and puts it in the larger file when the JSP is compiled (this is the
behavior it seems you are expecting)...
<%@ include file="my_page.jsp" %>

Arron.