I realize the struts-config.xml dtd is in the struts.jar
and this seems to work fine on tomcat.  But, on iPlanet,
I was unable to get this to work.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Holmes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 9:47 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: DTD validation

Struts uses its own DTD resolver and *should* be able
to resolve DTDs with or without a connection to the
internet.

I would not comment out the DOCTYPE declaration in the
config files. If you do not want your config files
validated for some reason you can turn this "off" by
setting the "validating" <init-param> for the
ActionServlet in your web.xml file to "false".

-james
[EMAIL PROTECTED]