Scott, it's not a data delivery question, but the fact that Java wont
run a class over 64K.
    ...but what you recommend is cool, I've done apps like that myself.
Most cool.  :)

Danny, it really is a case of optimising stuff until the class size is
down Apollo 13 style. Any Javascript, get that into its own .js file,
same with CSS.
Then there's the efficiency of the markup of the tags. The more logic
you get of the tags to do things, the less code there is in the servlet.
Last resort... are there any headers or footers which can be put into
their own JSP and dynamically include them?...

It's just little fiddly stuff like that.

Arron.