Only way that it can be done without being seen as a querystring, is via
a form's POST method. But realistically would have to be activated via
JavaScript to do what you want. It also means that if the user clicks
their browser's "back" button to go back to the page, you'll get the
typical question dialog "this page was generated from POST data, do you
want to post it again?"... yes, page loads, no, IE page expired output
or equivalent. Less friendlier to the user than a name/value in their
address bar.

...Or...
...you can hide the current document in a frame, but that's not "passe"
with most developers (personally I just think they're misunderstood :).

Arron.