-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Serafin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 11:34 AM

I am in the design phase of an application that will need to handle
100's and more likely 1000's of users simultaneously.  The application
will consist of the typical create, edit, and retrieve functions for
information stored in a database.  My question concerns how to design my
Action classes.  While I usually place the hi level logic for inserts,
updates, and individual object retrieval in the same Action class, I was
thinking about breaking them out into 3 separate Action classes.  The
logic being that an Action class is created on the stack for each user
that accesses that class, and the slimmer the class,  the faster the
application and less memory used.  Would it make sense to architect the
application this way, or is it more just a matter of style?  Does anyone
have any ideas on this issue, or advice based on large scale
applications that you have developed?  Thanks,

Pete Serafin