Ted,
          Thank you.  I actually thought of this after sending my e-mail
and have been working on it.  It is very comforting to hear your
confirmation.

Mark

Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/12/2002 05:49:20 PM

       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:
Fax to:
Subject:    Re: App Design

Can "the action that doesn not really do anything" just forward to the
desired page in the usual way?

One approach would be to have the Javascript set the desired page as
field in the form before it is submitted. The Action could then retrieve
the page, and return the appropriate ActionForward.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi all,
>              I am thinking of structuring an application as follows, and
> would appreciate any advice and ideas of how to do this:
>
> There will be two frames.  First is a navigation frame where the user
> presses a button to determine the JSP that is loaded into the second
frame.
> Each possible JSP for the second frame will have form.  If a user is
> entering data into the form, and then presses a button on the navigation
> frame to go to a different jsp/form,  I want to save the partially
entered
> form data from the page the user is leaving.  Then when the user goes
back
> to the first page they can continue where they left off.
>
> I have been prototyping an idea; the navigation frame uses JavaScript to
> submit the form and redirect the old page to the new desired page.  So
far
> I have accomplished that when the form is submitted the action does not
> really do anything, so the form data is saved in the bean.  But how do I
> accomplish the redirect?
>
> Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
> Mark Glatzer

> <<Disclaimer>>
>
> This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and
> may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or
> CONFIDENTIAL or both.
>
> This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use
> of the recipient(s) named above.
>
> If the reader of this email is not an intended recipient, you have
> received this email in error and any review, dissemination,
> distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
>
> If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender
> immediately by return mail and permanently deleting the copy
> you received.
>
> Thank you.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: <