The server should not have to accept the PDF mime-type. It actually sets the mime type
and the client is the one who needs to make sure it can accept it(by having the
correct plugin). If I am mistaken please correct me.

amir

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 7:04:09 AM 02/12/02 >>>

Maybe you meant that you wanted to "WRITE" a PDF file from JSP?  Loading a
PDF file from a JSP is no different than loading any other web page from
JSP. If the client browser has the Adobe Acrobat plugin installed, any
hyperlink to PDF files will spawn the PDF file in the requesting browser.
You may need to ensure that your server is configured to accepct the PDF
mime-type, but other than that, it's a simple deal.

To write PDF's dynamically, there is a Java library that you can obtain
that is free. You'll have to dig for it though, cause I simply cannot
remember the name or where to get it. There are also numerous commercial
libraries that assist with writing dynamic PDF's on the server.

- Cody

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 02/12/2002 04:27:32 AM

Please respond to Struts Users Mailing List
      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>