I think the design of struts is that you should have get/setters in your form
beans for the button parameters rather than look at the request parms directly.

in form bean ================================
        boolean createButton;
        public void setCreateButton(String createButtonParm) {
                createButton = true;
        }
        public boolean isCreateButton() {
                return createButton;