Hi,

I am using Struts 1.0 with Pointbase Database in
Tomcat4.0.2.

When I comment out the datasource in my
struts-config.xml, I am able to start TomCat.

When I add the following lines back in my
struts-config.xml, Tomcat hangs during initialization
(i.e. I can never see the line "Starting service
Tomcat-apache\nApache Tomcat/4.0.2", the last line I
can see is "Pop
org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping")

 <data-sources>
    <data-source
       autoCommit="true"
       description="Oracle datasource"

driverClass="com.pointbase.jdbc.jdbcUniversalDriver"
       maxCount="4"
       minCount="2"
       password="PUBLIC"
       url="jdbc:pointbase://localhost/sonic"
       user="PUBLIC"
    />
  </data-sources>

I have tried the above parameters with the Pointbase
client, it can connect to the Pointbase database
server.

I am sure Tomcat can find my JDBC driver class.
Otherwise, I would get a ClassNotFound Exception in my
TomCat window.

And when I kill the TomCat console (the DOS window), I
see the following exception in my Pointbase server
window. So I think Tomcat able to make the connection
with Pointbase server, but it gets hangs.

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer:
JVM_recv in socket input str
eam read
        at
java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
        at
java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:116)
        at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
        at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:201)
        at
java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:66)
        at
com.pointbase.net.netAuditInputStream.read(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.pointbase.crypto.cryptoEncryptedInputStream.read(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.pointbase.crypto.cryptoEncryptedInputStream.init(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.pointbase.crypto.cryptoEncryptedInputStream.read(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:392)
        at
com.pointbase.net.netConnectionHandler.run(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Thanks for your help.
Sam